The Adafruit Ultimate GPS Breakout is built around MTK3339 chipset, a high-quality GPS module that can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels, has an excellent high-sensitivity receiver (-165 dB tracking) and a built in antenna.
• New! Version 3 comes with the latest module which has external antenna fortify and Pulse-Per-Second output.
• Includes ultra-low dropout 3.3V regulator so you’ll power it with 3.3-5VDC in, 5V level protected inputs. Power usage is incredibly low, only 20 mA throughout navigation.
• It can do up to 10 location updates a second for high speed, high sensitivity logging or tracking.
• Internal patch antenna + u.FL connector for external active antenna
• ENABLE pin so you’ll turn off the module using any microcontroller pin or switch.
• Breadboard friendly with two mounting holes.
• Footprint for optional CR1220 coin cell to keep the RTC running and allow warm starts.
• A tiny bright red LED which blinks at about 1Hz even as it’s on the lookout for satellites and blinks once every 15 seconds when a fix is found to conserve power. If you wish to have an LED on always, there is a FIX signal out provided on a pin so you’ll put an external LED on.
• Comes with one fully tested module, a piece of header you’ll solder to it for breadboarding, and a CR1220 coin cell holder. A CR1220 coin cell is not included.
The newest firmware now allows sending commands to do internal logging to that FLASH. The only thing is that you do need to have a microcontroller send the “Start Logging” command. The time, date, longitude, latitude, and height is logged every 15 seconds and only when there is a fix. The internal FLASH can store about 16 hours of data, it is going to automatically append data so you don’t have to worry about by accident losing data if power is lost.
Based on MTK3339 GPS chipset that can track up to 22 satellites on 66 channels.
High sensitivity receiver with -165 dBm sensitivity and 10 Hz updates.
Low power usage with only 20mA current draw throughout navigation.
Built-in datalogging ability.
Comes with one fully tested module, a piece of header you’ll solder to it for breadboarding, and a CR1220 coin cell holder. A CR1220 coin cell is not included.